For many gardeners it is the chrysanthemum thatis a garden perennial plant, - a subject of pride and ornament of a favorite garden site. This flower during blossoming pleases the eye with bright colors of various shades and charges with a good mood at a glance only. Moreover, the garden perennial chrysanthemum in planting and grooming, then to look fine in the photo, is not very whimsical, that's why it is possible to start your own way as a gardener from this plant. In this article, we will tell you whichvarieties of chrysanthemums can be found on sale and grow on their own plot, as well as on what rules must be observed to turn your garden into a paradise.
In general, chrysanthemum is a favoritehumanity is not one millennium. This flower was mentioned in his works by the Chinese philosopher Confucius, and in Japan he turned from a simple garden decoration into a whole cult: only members of the ruling dynasty had the right to wear clothes that depicted this flower.
As for European countries, here the fashion for planting garden chrysanthemums came to people only in the nineteenth century, but instantly gained popularity among experienced and novice gardeners.
Chrysanthemum garden perennial in planting and care is not very whimsical
Types of chrysanthemums
In the middle zone, that is, in the climate of our country,gardeners prefer to plant as a perennial hybrid of chrysanthemums, and their annual fellows. The second species also occurs under the name Korean chrysanthemum. On the Internet pages of many gardeners you can find photos of their chrysanthemums and a description of the main advantages of this kind of flower:
resistance to cold temperatures;
long duration of flowering period;
excellent decorative qualities;
freshness and pristine appearance for almost thirty days after cutting, so you can always create a bouquet of chrysanthemums as in the photo.
Chrysanthemum is popularly called the queen of autumn,because it blooms for a long time and has more than two hundred different varieties. To make it easier for you to orient yourself in them, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the convenient classification.
By the diameter of the flowers, plants are divided into large-flowered (from ten centimeters) and small-flowered (up to ten sentiments).
Chrysanthemum is popularly called the Queen of Autumn
The following types of flowers are distinguished:
- Single row and double row. In such flowers, the center of the inflorescence is a small flower in the form of tubules, which are bordered with flowers in the form of tongues. They can be arranged according to the name in one or two rows.
- Semi-double. Flowers in the form of reeds are formed around the central flower in more than three rows.
- Anemoid. The flower has an external resemblance to an anemone - it is a small flower with large petals in one or three rows.
- Pompons. The umbrella of this flower is an assembly of many flowers in the form of tongues, which form a structure that looks like a small pompom.
- Terry. Flowers are formed according to the same principle as in the semi-double form, but in themselves they are diverse in form and form, so as a result, the flower is more magnificent.
Shrub chrysanthemums on a photo also subdivide on height and the form of the bush. The separation is as follows:
mascot. The color of the flowers is a bright crimson-beetroot;
evening lights. Scarlet petals resemble bright flashes of festive salute;
barbarian. With pleasure will dilute an abundance of bright colors on a flower bed thanks to the gentle lilac-lilac flowers.
- Curb. Such bushes have a very small size - it does not happen above thirty centimeters. Despite this, small flowers form a neat spherical bush, which does not require special trimming and adjustments. This variety of chrysanthemums is rightly recognized as one of the most beautiful among garden plants. In this group, you can identify the best varieties:
lily. Flowers of this sort have a dark crimson color, which will add brightness to any floral company;
dune. This sort of chrysanthemum is called a magician, since its inflorescences are able to change their color from yellow-brown to golden yellow as they flow;
zorka. Suitable for creating a romantic and even a little sad mood, which is quite consistent with the autumn season. Flowers differ yellow-brown, close to copper, color.
- Middle-aged. The growth of such chrysanthemum bushes can reach thirty to fifty centimeters. Due to its size, the bush allows its gardener to realize the most daring design fantasies, combining different colors. Especially effectively, these bushes will look, if you plant the perennial chrysanthemums in one row, as in the photo. As the best varieties of gardeners note the following:
daughter of Rosetta. Romantic chrysanthemum with white and pink inflorescences of flat form;
Umka. Also white chrysanthemums in the photo, the flowers of which resemble the shape of a pompon. This variety is most resistant to cold temperatures and various diseases;
amber lady. Very joyful and optimistic flower, its inflorescence is golden in color.
- Tall. Perennial garden chrysanthemums can grow into rather tall bushes (up to a meter). But watch this height carefully, because especially large species require support in the form of wooden pegs, metal nets or frames. Supports should be installed already at the stage of planting chrysanthemum, and as it grows, gradually tie the branches to it. If you grow a fairly large number of such tall shrubs, you can use them as a living fence when zoning garden space. Here, too, you can identify the best of the varieties:
Planting of chrysanthemum is recommended to be carried out in the period from the end of May to the middle of June
Chrysanthemum planted in a garden plot canwork wonders and be the envy of neighbors, if you think of the selection of different varieties of plants from the early (blossom from July to October) to late (they bloom even in winter, from November to December).
Planting and care
Planting of chrysanthemum is recommended inperiod from the end of May to the middle of June. Before the cold weather, the flowers will have time to get used to their new home-land, to become stronger and more enduring and calmly survive the Russian winter.
As for the terrain, for such plants a fertilized earthy elevation is more suitable, which absorbs moisture well.
If you know that the soil on your gardensite is not rich in organic substances, add fertilizers in advance - peat, compost or manure in the calculation of one bucket per square meter. It is advisable not to exceed this dose. Otherwise, the leaves will grow very actively, and the flowering can be completely invisible.
The weather for planting chrysanthemums is better to choose rainy and overcast. If there are no such conditions, get ready for this work in the morning or late in the evening.
The weather for planting chrysanthemums is better to choose a rainy and overcast
You can make landing by following the following sequence of actions:
- First, do the desired number of holes at a distance of about 25 centimeters from each other, if the flowers are small, or 50 centimeters, if large.
- Put one layer of drainage on the bottom of each cavity (you can use clean sand).
- Next, plant the plant, not greatly deepening its roots in the ground. If you plant large bushes, do not forget to immediately mount the supports.
- After that, fertilize the planted plant (Cornevin), so that the root grows better.
- At first, cover the planted chrysanthemum (non-woven material is suitable) to protect the baby from unexpected colds.
The chrysanthemum can be propagated throughcuttings. Do this work better in the spring season. It is necessary to trim the shoots for ten to fifteen to treat the lower part of them with fertilizer. After this, you can immediately proceed to disembark.