Perennial flowers that have the mosta variety of colors and grow on any surface, are very popular among gardeners. One of these plants is saxifrage. Planting and care at the proper level will provide every lover of the flora with golden, snow-white and delicate pink inflorescences that become an adornment of any garden or plot.
A saxifrage is a flower that can be planted in several ways. This is very convenient, because even non-professional gardeners can grow a spectacular and unpretentious plant.
It is best to plant saxifrage at the beginning of the spring season
- Shrub division is the most convenient method. It is based on the planting of circumcised seedlings. First you need to excavate the inflorescence and divide it into parts. It is important to ensure that each half has a good root system. After this, you can send the seedlings to the harvested holes in the ground.
- The planting of the rosettes also does not cause the floristsdifficulties. It is necessary to separate several outlets from the main bush and root them in the ground. At the first stage of care, it is very important to create protection from the sun and provide abundant watering so that new roots can appear more quickly.
- Reproduction by seeds is one of the most difficult methodslanding of saxifrage. Many shoots just do not germinate because of external factors. Therefore, it is more efficient to send seeds to a closed ground. Thus the soil should be moist and light, as the seeds will be very small. Seeds are planted on the surface of the earth in February, and then necessarily cover with glass. Keep container at zero temperature. When in 20 days there will be shoots, it is possible to shift saxifrage into a peat pot. In this case, the plant will begin to blossom only in the second year of life.
It is best to plant saxifrage in the early springseason. For a full-fledged carpet advise to observe intervals between seedlings of 20 cm. If some bushes were killed and left lifeless gaps, just plant these places with new plants. The most suitable area for the flowering of these plants is the slopes in the north or west of the site.
How to track
The main points for careful attention, when inhouse saxifrage appears - planting and care. Photos of flowering plants are always very colorful, but in practice for a healthy flower you need to create good conditions.
- The first transplantation of an adult plant on the site can be carried out only after 7 years. In this case, you will not worsen the flowering process and at the same time rejuvenate your planting.
- Any variety of this flower, be it saxifrageArendsa or other subspecies, requires regular mineral fertilizers. In this case, it is necessary to loosen the soil as far as possible and get rid of the weed grass on the plot near the plants.
- In the northern latitudes, saxifrage grows actively, so cool for them is not terrible. In open areas in the winter months, you need to cover the plant with dry leaves.
- Strong sun and drought, these flowers carryheavy. They need to create a shadow from the sun, and, if possible, even plant them behind hills or stones. This is how the plant will be able to retain moisture necessary for growth.
- Stagnation of water near the root system - poorAssistant to saxifrage in its development. With increased humidity, the plant has more chances of catching a fungal disease. Then the roots can bend in the shortest possible time.
- On the Internet, there is often a gardensaxifrage. Photos with flowers in the pot appear less often, as well as information about caring for them. Meanwhile, in the conditions of an apartment it is necessary to transplant a plant every 3 years, and every year it is recommended to add a new primer.
- The soil for the stone blocks must be fertile and light. If your soil has clay, it is worth to bring sand, soddy soil into the ground, and also to create a suitable drainage.