In the depths of park complexes,to notice an amazing bush with small blue fruits - blueberry garden. For all its wild savagery, this plant has long since passed selection selection. Planting blueberry garden has become a kind of landscape innovation that can become an element of exquisite garden composition. Care of the garden blueberry requires certain skills and knowledge about the methods of its reproduction.
Ornamental garden blueberry
Large beautiful blueberry bushes conqueredheart of gardeners with its charming appearance. This semi-woody plant forms neat bushes with a dense crown. During the entire period of growth and flowering, it has a presentable appearance. Other advantages of garden blueberry include useful properties, which it has not lost in the process of domestication.
Planting of blueberry in spring or autumn
Planting blueberries, like any other shrub, can be carried out in one of two periods:
in the spring;
in the fall.
Preference is given to spring plantings,because the plant has time to go through all of its cycles. However, the autumn landing has its advantages. In particular, the bush is naturally hardened, which makes it resistant to many diseases. Otherwise, these two periods are no different.
Plant the blueberry in a well-lit area
An important aspect of planting a seedling is the choice of the location of the future shrub. In addition to decorative preferences, the choice of a landing site should depend on its compliance with the following requirements:
- Illumination - blueberry loves sunny, well-warmed glades.
- Protection from wind - in the wild, shrubs grow in the forest, on the fringes.
- The average level of shading - planted in a deep shadow plant will bring sour fruits.
- Soil quality - the shrub is unpretentious, but prefers gray podzols or moderate black earth, poorly tolerates clay and loam.
- Drainage - despite the love of blueberries for irrigation, the soil must have a good drainage system.
Planting blueberries in different soils
Care for blueberries
Requirements for caring for the bush includea few basic points. In particular, blueberry does not tolerate the neighborhood with standard garden invaders, so regular weeding accompanies the entire period of plant care.
Images displayed on request "Care forblueberry garden, photo "illustrate that loosening of the soil should occur at a depth of no more than 8-10 centimeters. This is due to the location of the root system of blueberry, which lies 20-40 centimeters from the surface. The roots of the bush grow in the vertical plane for long distances. The diameter of the circle of the covered coma reaches 1-1.5 meters.
To care for blueberries, mulching with a mixture of sawdust and fertilizers must be carried out at least twice a season
Additional aspects of care are:
mulching with a mixture of sawdust and fertilizers at least twice a season;
entering under the bottom of the bush a small amount of river treated sand (no more than 5 kilograms);
observance of the water regime;
top dressing of the plant before and after flowering;
regular pruning of the crown.
In this case, do not forget that mineral fertilizers are also important for blueberries. However, one should not get carried away - an overabundance of fertilizers can lead to premature aging of the bush.
For maintenance it is necessary to introduce under the bottom of the bush a small amount of river treated sand
Growing blueberries is associated with a constantwatering. In particular, this applies to the period when the bush is at the seedling stage. The drying of the soil cover leads to the death of the smallest hairs of the root, which prevents the plant from feeding and can lead to its death.
After planting, the seedlings must be watered at leasttwice a day throughout the spring. However, there are some requirements for the composition of the liquid for irrigation. A competent approach to this aspect will allow the plant to quickly settle down in a new place.
To water the seedlings of blueberries is not a continuous stream, but from a watering can with small holes
Simple rules for watering blueberries, given below, will give an effective result:
- The water should not be too cold, therefore before watering put the tank on a sunny place.
- In each tank with water, add a portion of ash and crystals of "Kornevin" in a 2: 1 ratio.
- Water the seedlings not with a continuous stream, but from a watering can with small holes - the blueberry has a sensitive root system, and blurring the soil can damage the bush.
- Once in 3-4 watering, add a weak solution of manganese to the water - this will increase the plant's resistance to many diseases.
- Under each sapling, you can pour no more than one bucket of water.
In each tank with water, add a portion of ash and crystals of "Kornevin" in a 2: 1 ratio
Saplings of blueberries are not recommended for pruning. While the plant has not entered into force, any intervention can have a traumatic effect on the condition of the bush. In addition, pruning will slow the growth of the plant.
Pruning is performed early in the spring before the buds swelling according to the following rules:
in infertile plants, rotten and damaged branches are removed;
shoots are cut at an angle with a sharp pruner;
The cutting site is treated with garden glue;
healthy branches are cut to 10 centimeters from the main trunk.
Rejuvenating pruning of shrubs, whose age reaches 10-12 years, is carried out in two ways:
- All older, shrinking branches are cut off (minus this method is loss in crop volumes).
- The branches are partially removed, after which thea certain part of the crown that remains as a fruit; the next year the cut off branches are completely removed, as the rest of the crown has already given new shoots.
Strong crown pruning is possible only in the case of itsdamage to rot. In this case, after trimming, the bush is dusted with ashes and processed with special chemicals. The rules for the use of drugs are described on the packaging.
Scheme of pruning of garden blueberry
Many amateur gardeners are wondering howto grow blueberries. Not the last place in this process takes top dressing. It is necessary to know that not every type of fertilizer is suitable for feeding shrubs.
Mineral fertilizers are the main speciestop dressing. But their dosage should be strictly limited. As for organic fertilizers, they are absolutely contraindicated to blueberry. The active components of organic inhibit the growth of the root system, leading to the death of the bush.
There are two periods for feeding:
during swelling of the kidneys;
6-7 weeks after the appearance of leaf blades.
Mineral fertilizers are the main kind of top dressing of blueberry
In the second year of cultivation, a global top dressing is produced:
a two-year-old bush is fertilized with one tablespoon of mineral fertilizer;
three-year-old - two tablespoons;
four years old - four spoons;
five-year - eight;
The bush, whose age is over 16 years, is fertilized with sixteen spoons of fertilizer.
Blueberries prefer gray podzols or moderate chernozem
The lack of some elements in top dressing leads to external changes in the bush:
- Nitrogen - slow growth of shoots, the leaves become yellowish-green;
- Phosphorus - leaves densely pressed to the stem, painted in purple hues;
- Potassium - tips of leaf blades die off, spots appear throughout the surface of the leaves, the tips of young shoots become black and die;
- Calcium - deformation of the leaf is observed, its edges turn yellow;
- Magnesium - the edges of the leaf blush turn red, the green color remains near the central vein;
- Boron - apical part of the crown acquires a bluish color, yellow spots appear between the veins of old leaves, the growth of shoots stops and their subsequent withering away;
- Iron - yellowing between veins is observed on young leaves, in the region of the apex, green veins are clearly visible on a yellow background;
- Sulfur is a yellowish-white color of the leaf, sometimes turning into a whitish shade.
The frost resistance of the plant allows it to transfer the temperature drop to -20-25 ° C
Preparation for winter
Reproduction of blueberries depends oncorrect wintering. The frost resistance of the plant allows it to transfer the temperature drop to -20-25 ° C. If the winter passes without snow, the probability of freezing the rosette of the bush is high.
Late-ripening varieties do not tolerate early frosts. Cover the blueberry crown is one of the first. The following sequence of actions is required:
cover the shrubbery in several layers or with dense burlap, but not with polyethylene;
bend the plant to the surface of the earth with the help of arcs or twine;
from the top cover with lapnik.
Reproduction of blueberry largely depends on the correct wintering
In the spring, the coating is removed,The damaged ends of the branches are pruned. In winter, the rodents do not eat up the branches hidden under the layer of sacking, before sprinkling it is necessary to sprinkle the crown of the bush with copper vitriol. Clutching the crown with arcs, lay them crosswise.
Useful properties of blueberry can be manifested when it is used:
as a biological supplement to the diet;
as a cosmetic;
for the preparation of desserts.
Blueberries are often used to prepare various desserts
So that all useful properties of blueberry are preservedin the right quality, you need to know the exact time for harvesting. First of all, they depend on the planting time, and in this connection three periods are distinguished:
early maturing - the first decade of July;
mid-ripening - the second-third decade of July;
late-ripening - second-third decade of August.
Uneven maturation of the crop leads toa long collection period. A clear signal to the beginning of the workpiece is the change of color from green to blue-black or bright-violet. This shows that the final ripening will come in one week.
The use of blueberries helps to increase the body's resistance to all kinds of diseases
In folk medicine, the beneficial properties of blueberrieshave found wide application. First of all, blueberry is a natural antiallergenic agent with a unique composition. The use of berries of this plant helps to increase the body's resistance to all kinds of diseases.
Ophthalmologists recommend people with lowthe level of accommodation to drink blueberry-based preparations. The vitamins and microelements contained in the berries supplement the lack of necessary substances, so that the vision can be substantially restored.
With the help of blueberry berry can improve eyesight
The berries of blueberry contain:
All these components restore blood vessels and capillaries, and can also affect the elasticity and permeability of their walls, which leads to a general balance of metabolism in the desired tone.