How to deal with mold and fungus in the apartment

How to deal with mold in the apartment? This issue is quite relevant at the moment, because this problem occurs in many apartments. The area affected by mold can be quite extensive, because it extends to any room in the house: rooms, kitchen, bathroom, ceiling, walls, tiled surfaces. Fungus, spreading, spoiling the appearance of the apartment, has a devastating effect on building materials.

The problem requires immediate resolution,because the most negative impact of mold affects the health of the whole family. Fungal spores can affect the human body, provoking inflammation in the lungs, the appearance of eczema, various allergic manifestations and even bronchial asthma. Of course, mold has a heightened effect on young children and elderly people.

Important! To effectively combat the emerging mold, it is necessary to address it at the earliest stages.

First of all, it is necessary to understand what caused the appearance of mold in the apartment, because, knowing the reason, you can not only remove the fungus, but also prevent its new spread in the room.

Dampness and constant humidity are the mainfactors of fungal development. The most urgent problem is in autumn, winter and spring: humidity, accumulating on the windows, begins to evaporate, and then, spreading to the walls, cause the appearance of black mold. This is due to insufficiently good ventilation system in the apartment, because of the excessive number of colors, and sometimes because of the aquarium of large sizes. And the initial actions of the tenants should be aimed at updating the constant flow of air in the corners with a fungal attack.

Dampness and constant humidity are the main factors of fungus occurrence

Quick help to get rid of mold - is the treatment of sites with hydrogen peroxide or vinegar, as well as airing the room every 3-4 hours.

If the mold appeared in the bathroom, you should immediately assess the condition of the ventilation systems, leave the doors open to remove excess moisture.

Advice! If a significant part of the apartment is damaged by mold, you should use special anti-fungal agents, which can be purchased in stores.

In cases of mold in apartments that arelocated on the first floor, treatment with disinfectants will not give a special result. In this case, it is necessary to take measures to eliminate dampness in the basement and carry out a number of measures for waterproofing.

How to remove mold from the walls of the apartment

To get rid of mold, it is necessary to treat the walls with a special antiseptic and take measures to waterproof the premises.

To get rid of mold, it is necessary to treat the walls with a special antiseptic and take measures to waterproof the premises

Detailed instructions how to deal with mold in the apartment is as follows:

  • the wallpaper on which the mold came out should be removed;
  • Using a spatula you need to clean all the looseness from the walls;
  • wall treatment by means of soil: in water to dissolve the necessary amount of dry soil, use a roller or brush to thoroughly lubricate the walls (not only with a fungal surface, but also clean areas) - the soil can remove bacteria and fungus;
  • when the walls dry, they are plastered and shpatlyuyut, then the surface is treated again with a primer, which is able to penetrate deeply and antiseptic;
  • only after the walls have completely dried, you can start cosmetic repairs (glue the wallpaper or paint the walls).
  • These mold control procedures ensure that the fungus does not reappear as the walls become dry.

    How to clean the mold on the ceiling in the apartment

    The actions directed on destruction of a fungus on a ceiling, are similar to actions on clearing of walls:

  • first you need to remove plaster and whitewash from the ceiling, it is better to lightly spray the ceiling with water to avoid excessive dustiness;
  • with the help of a primer, which is sold in construction stores, treat the entire ceiling, paying special attention to the seams (they are lubricated with a brush);
  • As soon as the ceiling dries, you need once again to walk through the antiseptic primer of deep penetration;
  • after the actions described above, the ceiling can be plastered or putty, if desired; and treated with the last layer of the primer.
  • Effective means in the fight against mold

    To get rid of the arisen mold will help differentstore antiseptics or folk remedies. The methods that are considered popular will be a budgetary and safer option for human health in dealing with the problem that has arisen, and on the effect on the fungus, they are not inferior to shop chemicals.

    Olympus Stop-mold

    There are several time proven household remedies for the removal of fungus, the main among them are:

  • Primer with antiseptic properties. This remedy is considered the most effective in the destruction of fungus; in specialized stores you can purchase a primer of various companies. At your discretion, you can buy: "Alpa", "Olympus Stop-mold" and others. The treated surface will completely be rid of mold and further protected from its appearance.
  • The primer is sold as a ready-mixed solution,if it is necessary to add water to prepare the product, the proportions are indicated in the instructions. Taking the roller, the product is applied to the area affected by mold, and left to dry completely.

    Important! The main condition is correctprepared surface: before processing the necessary area, you must remove the mold, with a deep lesion, clean the walls or ceiling until the plate of concrete or brick.

    Apply primer only to a well-dried surface, after drying, it is possible to proceed to cosmetic decoration;

  • Bleach. The simplest means to combat mold attack, its action is not inferior to specialized solutions. Due to its composition, bleach removes almost all kinds of mold deposits and its spores, thereby providing a barrier to the new appearance of the fungus.
  • However, there are some restrictions onuse bleach, because this tool is able to spoil some surfaces. For example, it is very effective in dealing with a problem on glass, a bath and other non-porous surfaces, but on wood or plasterboard, the bleach can not be removed.

    This solution can not be safe forskin and respiratory organs, therefore, surface treatment only in the presence of good air circulation and protective gloves. Before using the product, you should dilute it with water, in a ratio of 1:10, then apply the liquid on the affected surface with a brush and leave until completely dry;

    Vinegar contributes to the destruction of many varieties of mold deposit

  • Table vinegar. This acid is available in almost every home, and there are many options for its use. Vinegar is also used in the fight against mold. Acid contributes to the destruction of many varieties of mold deposits and is completely safe to use.
  • The affected surface is wetted with a solution of vinegarand thoroughly wipe clean rags, leave for 60 minutes to soak, then rinse with water and ventilate the room. For greater effectiveness, this event is held several times with a frequency of 10 days;

  • Treatment with ammonia will help removemold coating on tile surfaces, glass, but on porous surfaces the agent acts badly. Treat the affected area with a solution of ammonia in half with water as follows: with the sprayer, spray and leave for 60 minutes to soak, then wipe with rags soaked in water and ventilate the room.
  • Mix with bleach is not recommended because of the toxicity of substances that emit solutions;

  • Bura is a natural substance that can beUse to get rid of mold without harm to health. Bura has established itself as an excellent tool in removing mold deposits and preventing its new appearance.

  • Bura is a natural substance that can be used to get rid of mold without harm to health

    To prepare a liquid, you need 1 glassStir borax into 2.5 liters of water and use a hard brush to treat the surface with a fungus (walls, tile, floor, etc.). This event is held several times for better effect, without flushing with water. Bura will be an excellent protection in the future from the occurrence of fungal plaque.