Indoor ivy is a common plant: many florists prefer it. It is easy to take care of it, and the plant itself looks beautiful and has a decorative appearance.
Useful properties in ivy are as much as decorative: it effectively cleans the air, strengthens human immunity, helps to overcome stress. Ivy leaves are an indispensable medicinal product used in the treatment of cough, headache and rheumatism, and decoction from the roots is a good way to combat burns, boils.
Care for indoor ivy at home:
- The plant constantly needs sunlight, as it is possible to stop the growth of leaves, but not overdo it due to the possibility of greening the leaves, because of what they may die.
- Ivy is not recommended to be placed near the window, since there is a risk of appearance on the leaves of specific spots due to sunburn (during the warm season) or frostbite (during frost).
- It is very important to comply with the regime of temperature and humidity. With a lack of moisture, there is a risk of death and drying of the leaves. Avoid too bright light, direct sunlight.
- The most important pests that prevent growthroom ivy - spider mite, scutellum. They may appear in the plant if the air in the room is not sufficiently moist. To destroy all parasites, it is necessary to wash the plant leaves well in water with dissolved in it disinfecting agents.
- Reproduction of ivy: this occupation is suitable for absolutely any season of the year and is carried out in the following way: from the plant a few twigs of a length of ten centimeters are cut off, after which they are placed in warm water of room temperature and left in a cool place. Wait for the appearance of the first roots and transplant them into pots for three to four cuttings in each. Then the bushes will be lush and capable of successful breeding.
- The location of the plant is too often forbidden.
- In winter, the air temperature, the most favorablefor the growth of ivy, should not exceed thirteen to fifteen degrees, and in the summer - twenty-five. In the warm season, ivy should be located on the balcony - there it will not overheat, humidity is also suitable.
- Watering the plants is the most important. In most cases, the air in the rooms is dry, so ivy leaves should be sprinkled with water several times a week - the growth of leaves and their quality can deteriorate sharply. In winter, it is necessary to moisten the soil in a pot, but only when it has dried. Using an air freshener is a good solution for the growth of indoor ivy.
- It is necessary to carefully monitor the moisture of the soilin a pot, for top dressing of a plant. But the choice of fertilizers should be approached with caution and do not overdo it. With excessive use of fertilizing, the leaves can grow too large. Ivy will lose its look of an ornamental plant.
- Room ivy unpretentious, take care of it simply and pleasantly.
Often the air in the rooms is dry, so the ivy leaves should be sprinkled with water several times a week
Caring for room ivy does not require much effort, but delivers only pleasure and does not take away a lot of time and so lacking.